If you intend to start an energy-efficient renovation or have completed an EnerGuide home evaluation since December 1, 2020, you may be eligible to receive a grant of up to $5,600 from the Federal Government.
Grants of up to $5000 are available for the following upgrades:
- Home insulation
- Exterior wall
- Exposed Floor
- Air Sealing
- Smart Thermostat
- Air Source Heat Pump/Cold Climate Heat Pump
- Ground Source Heat Pump
- Domestic Hot Water Heat Pump
- Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Panels
- Resiliency measures
- Solar PV-connected Batteries
- Roofing Membrane
- Foundation Water-Proofing
- Moisture proofing crawl space floor, walls and headers
You can also receive a grant of up to $600 towards the cost of the EnerGuide Home Evaluation if you complete at least 1 upgrade that is eligible and recommended by your registered energy advisor. Both pre- and post-retrofit EnerGuide Evaluations are required to receive the grant.
Eligible property types include:
- Single and semi-detached houses
- Row housing
- All-season cottages
- Mobile homes on a permanent foundation
- Permanently-moored floating homes
- Mixed use buildings (residential portion only)
- Small multi-unit residential building (three storeys or less, and less then 600m2)
The property must be listed as your primary residence and you will be required to provide proof and property tax information when you register for the program.
New homes are not eligible for the grant.
To pre-qualify for the program and obtain more information, visit Natural Resources Canada.